Un-Cruise Adventures Adds Themes To Select Sailings In Hawaiian Islands and Mexico’s Sea of Cortés
Choose Your Theme: Photography, Marine Biology and Kids in Nature
Adventure travelers with a passion for marine biology, photography, or with young kids in tow, can choose a theme cruise catering to their interest this winter. Un-Cruise Adventures adds themes to ten sailings in the Hawaiian Islands and Mexico’s Sea of Cortés.
Photography and marine biology theme cruises include an expert guest host on board for the week. Special presentations will be held in the lounge and guests are free to interact with the guest host throughout the week aboard the boat or on excursions. One-on-one time allows for questions to be answered and hands-on help with photography.
Kids in Nature departures cater to families traveling with kids 12 and younger. The expedition team gears the program to a variety of ages and activity levels with a focus on educating kids of all ages. Hiking excursions, kayaking trips, skiff explorations and snorkeling all provide hands-on learning in a fun environment. Active explorations in nature and wildlife sightings engage all ages.
“Themes bring together people with common interests and adds one more benefit for booking these dates,” said Tim Jacox, executive vice president of sales and marketing.
2013 Theme Cruises in Hawaii
- Jan 5: Photography and Whales with Flip Nicklin, regarded as the premier whale photographer in the world
- March 9 and 30: Kids in Nature; spring break departures for the whole family
- April 6: Photography with Peter West Carey, a professional photographer whose love for travel has taken him around the world
2013 Theme Cruises in the Sea of Cortés
- Jan 12: Marine Biology with Rodrigo Rocha Gosselin, a La Paz resident passionate about conservation and nature
- Feb 16: Photography with David Julian, a professional photographer with 30 years’ experience capturing the essence of places, people and light with creative vision
- March 16: Photography with Ellen Barone, an intrepid traveler, freelance writer and photographer
- March 9 and 23: Kids in Nature; spring break departures for the whole family
- March 30: Marine Biology with Giovanni Malagrino, an oceanologist and professor of marine biology
For Luxury Adventures in the Hawaiian Islands, the line’s 36-guest Safari Explorer sails seven-night cruises between Hawaii, the Big Island and Lana’i (or reverse) with two days of activities on Moloka’i. Flexible yacht itineraries focus on the leeward side of the eastern-most Hawaiian Islands with explorations of four islands—Lana’i, Moloka’i, Maui and Hawaii, the Big Island.
In the Sea of Cortés, the 86-guest Safari Endeavour sails Luxury Adventures roundtrip La Paz, Baja, Mexico. An unstructured itinerary explores hideaways such as Isla Espíritu Santo, Isla San Francisco, Bahia Agua Verde, Los Islotes and Loreto.
In the Hawaiian Islands and the Sea of Cortés, guests can be as active as they like and activities include trekking, kayaking, paddle boarding, snorkeling and skiff excursions. Expert naturalists provide interpretation on guided excursions ashore and at sea. The unstructured itinerary allows time for viewing wildlife such as whales and dolphins.
To book an Un-Cruise Adventure or to request additional information, contact your travel agent or the company directly at 888-862-8881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editor’s note: Photos available through Sarah Scoltock at email@example.com.
About Un-Cruise Adventures | InnerSea Discoveries + American Safari Cruises
Un-Cruise Adventures’ fleet of seven boats carries 22-88 guests on Active, Luxury and Heritage Adventures. What began in 1997 as yacht cruising in Alaska, pioneered by American Safari Cruises, has since expanded into Mexico’s Sea of Cortés, Columbia & Snake Rivers, Hawaiian Islands, and Coastal Washington & British Columbia with hands-on small boat explorations. Un-Cruise Adventures, under the parent company of InnerSea Discoveries, is a member of Trusted Adventures, dedicated to the highest standards of small-group travel and to giving back to the places visited. Connect with Un-Cruise Adventures on Facebook and Twitter.