Please visit our Travel Alerts page for current COVID-19 updates.

UnCruise Blog

Thumbnail for George Island's Big Gun
07-31-2015
This week, the Wilderness Discoverer had an opportunity to visit a little-known relic of Alaskan history when we anchored near George Island, the site of Southeast Alaska’s only remaining intact WWII era big "cannon."
Thumbnail for I Fell For the Spell of the Yukon
07-22-2015
Until I read this poem by Robert Service, I had always struggled to explain what drove me to first travel to Southeast Alaska, and later to make it my home.
Thumbnail for My Favorite Place On The Planet
07-14-2015
I did it. I found it. My favorite place on the planet.
Thumbnail for Ever-Changing Alaska
06-23-2015
"Ever-changing" has always described Alaska--it has been shaped by glacial ice flowing like a frozen river over the landscape, smoothing over cracks and mountains alike. And it is our joy to share our love and responsibility for this land with our guests who carry on that message of care, sharing it with those they love as well.
Thumbnail for Home to Alaska
06-16-2015
I am a new expedition guide, and this week marked the first time in over a decade that I've returned to Southeast Alaska. Between leading kayaking excursions, identifying plants and animals on shore walks, and figuring out just what makes a great skiff tour, I've connected the information I learned in my childhood.

Blog Search

Monkeys-SM.jpg

Exploring in Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula

C5DK_BLOG_uID-5610_Thumb_cID-5733.jpg

Looking to the Source in Molokai

C5DK_BLOG_uID-5586_Thumb_cID-5737.jpg

The Icy Miracles of LeConte Glacier