2021-22 UnCruise Adventures New BrochureWe are updating our website. See new itinerary dates and rates for 2021-22 here. Please visit our Travel Updates page for current COVID-19 information. 

UnCruise Blog

Thumbnail for Luscious Autumn Cake
10-14-2013
This recipe comes from one of my best friends, Pastry Chef Cinamon Jaramillo. She makes this with a maple cream cheese frosting, but I've adapted it a little to a buttercream. The cake features a layer of pumpkin spice, zucchini and apple cinnamon layers, with a maple pecan buttercream; a fantastic blend of fall flavors and spices!
Thumbnail for Chocolate Decadence
08-20-2013
I recently had the opportunity and the pleasure to go on the Discoverers' Glacier Country Alaska Cruise aboard the Safari Endeavour. On the first night of our adventure, dinner was finished off by an AMAZING flourless chocolate cake. Our pastry chef, the talented Catherine Humphreys, shared with me her recipe.
Thumbnail for Unconventional Cocktails
08-13-2013
This week I chose to write a piece on a few cocktails that I created while aboard the Wilderness Discoverer and the ideas behind them. One of the best jobs to have is one that gives you creative freedom. Not only do I feel free and alive out in the seas of SE Alaska, at times I feel inspired.
Thumbnail for Baja Signature Cocktails
03-06-2013
On our adventurous vessel, I am given the freedom to pick and choose post-excursion (i.e.snorkeling, hiking, paddleboarding) beverages and “Cocktail of the Day” – a delightful happy hour concoction.
Thumbnail for Shapeshifting Kushtaka Cream Pie
09-12-2012
On our Eastern Coves itinerary, the Wilderness Discoverer spends a day or two in Thomas Bay. It is a place of devastating beauty with glaciers accessible by foot, eerie fog that arrives and dissipates without warning, breathtaking kayak opportunities, and stunning hikes past cascading rivers.

Blog Search

Monkeys-SM.jpg

Exploring in Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula

C5DK_BLOG_uID-5610_Thumb_cID-5733.jpg

Looking to the Source in Molokai

C5DK_BLOG_uID-5586_Thumb_cID-5737.jpg

The Icy Miracles of LeConte Glacier