UnCruise Blog

Recent Posts
Thumbnail for Land Tour Treat
02-03-2016
​With any new cruise, excursion, activity or even dessert item that we create, we want to make sure it lives up to the Un-Cruise Adventures standard. So we test it out. And with the dessert item, we just might test it more than once.
Thumbnail for Views from the Columbia and Snake Rivers Cruise
11-07-2013
In October, I joined guests for a river cruise aboard the newest vessel in our fleet, the 88-guest S.S. Legacy, a replica coastal steamer. Sailing down the Columbia and Snake Rivers in the fall when leaves are changing color and weather is cool and crisp and sunny afforded all of us aboard grand scenery and ideal conditions for exploring, sightseeing and taking photos along the way.
Thumbnail for Recon Run into Bay of Pillars
05-24-2013
It was the first week of the season and here we are, back in action as if I never left last fall. I have so missed this great big land up yonder. I have wonderful stories and memories of so many places—several of the bays and inlets that we travel feel I’m returning home. Bay of Pillars is one such location.
Thumbnail for A Bluebird Day
09-07-2012
Five years as a guide in Glacier Bay National Park and 12 years guiding in Alaska and southeast Alaska still takes my breath away. Today I woke up to one of the few bluebird days that we have had this summer and guided an all-day kayak in Muir Inlet in the east arm of Glacier Bay National Park.

Blog Search

Yak_and_whack-kayakgroup.jpg

My Favorite Activities in Alaska

SQU-Hull-Reno-SM.jpg

A Shave and a Haircut for the Safari Quest

Whale-Shark-Tail-SM.jpg

What is it Like to Snorkel With a Whale Shark?