2021-22 UnCruise Adventures New BrochureWe are updating our website. See new itinerary dates and rates for 2021-22 here. Please visit our Travel Updates page for current COVID-19 information. 

UnCruise Blog

Thumbnail for Nez Perce Music & History on the Rivers
10-21-2014
JR Spencer, a Nez Perce, visit the S.S. Legacy on the river cruise each week for a captivating presentation of his tribe's music and storytelling.
Thumbnail for Beauty, Wildness and History Along the Rivers
10-01-2014
Here on the Legacy cruising the Columbia and Snake Rivers, we pass a fascinating story every half mile or so; a place where lives were changed, the landscape altered and where history was made.
Thumbnail for The Un-Cruise Difference
08-01-2014
There are quite a few differences between cruising on the large mega-ships versus small ships. I’ve done both and from my experience, I prefer the intimacy and relaxed atmosphere of the small ships.
Thumbnail for Those Dam Locks
05-12-2014
Have you ever witnessed a vessel travelling through a lock? If you’ve been a guest on the 88-guest S.S. Legacy as she navigates the natural beauty of the Columbia River than you are no stranger to these engineering marvels.
Thumbnail for The River That Was Here Before Anything Else
04-07-2014
As the brave crew of the S.S. Legacy brought the ship down from Seattle to Portland to begin our season, the Heritage Team made our own journey to learn about the Geology of the Columbia River Gorge. I may know a thing or two about history, but when it comes to science, well…I may have slept that portion of my schooling. I wanted to know more about the prehistoric events that created the beautiful landscapes that we cruise through on the S.S. Legacy.

Blog Search

Monkeys-SM.jpg

Exploring in Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula

C5DK_BLOG_uID-5610_Thumb_cID-5733.jpg

Looking to the Source in Molokai

C5DK_BLOG_uID-5586_Thumb_cID-5737.jpg

The Icy Miracles of LeConte Glacier