2021-22 UnCruise Adventures New BrochureWe are updating our website. See new itinerary dates and rates for 2021-22 here. Please visit our Travel Updates page for current COVID-19 information. 

UnCruise Blog

Thumbnail for Jet Boating Into Hells Canyon
04-03-2015
Get ready for a day of sightseeing and adventure in Hells Canyon.
Thumbnail for Sunrise
11-06-2014
It’s not remarkable. It happens every day. The dark black of the night gives way to the early morning light. Sunrise. For those of us who work nights, however, it’s a gift.
Thumbnail for Open Mic Night On the Columbia and Snake Rivers
10-24-2014
Every week on the S.S. Legacy, we gather in the lounge for an “Open Mic” night, where crew and guest alike share stories, tell jokes, sing songs, and do skits.
Thumbnail for The Un-Cruise Difference
08-01-2014
There are quite a few differences between cruising on the large mega-ships versus small ships. I’ve done both and from my experience, I prefer the intimacy and relaxed atmosphere of the small ships.
Thumbnail for A Sabbath Morn in Misty Fjords
07-07-2014
This week as we were cruising in Misty Fjords, a place of spectacularly-scaled beauty and rainforest lushness in Southeast Alaska, I walked up and stood next to one of our guests on the bow of the SS Legacy. Four days later for the Legacy’s open mike night presentation, she stood and read for us this poem which she had been inspired to write after experiencing the verdant fjords that she could scarcely believe were real.

Blog Search

Monkeys-SM.jpg

Exploring in Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula

C5DK_BLOG_uID-5610_Thumb_cID-5733.jpg

Looking to the Source in Molokai

C5DK_BLOG_uID-5586_Thumb_cID-5737.jpg

The Icy Miracles of LeConte Glacier